Sunday, January 20, 2013

Damp Box

This story happened awhile ago, before Christmas, but I just had to write this down so we wouldn't forget. I was going to include it in an Escherisms, but I feel that it deserves its own post.

After we moved, we had lots of boxes hanging around the house. We had this huge car seat box from Riley's new seat and I was so tired of looking at it that I threw it over the balcony and decided I would put it in the back of the yukon until trash day. By the time I remember to actually put it in the truck, it had started to drizzle so it got a little wet.

The next morning, I was taking Escher to school and he says, "Mommy, what's that smell?" (Emphasis on SMELL.)

"Hmm, it must be that damp box in the back," I reply without even thinking about the implications of what I just said.

"What's a DAM box, Mommy?"

uh oh.

"No, Escher, a DAMP box. Like wet."

"A wet DAM box Mommy?"

"See Escher, I put the box outside and it got rained on which made it wet which is another word for damp so when I put it in the car it made the car smell."

"So its a smelly DAM box? I'm going to tell Teacher Tonya about this box."

"Escher, Ms Tonya doesn't need to know about the box, ok? I will get rid of the box while you are at school, so you don't have to worry about it any more, ok? The car won't smell once I get it out."

****************************************

Fast forward to pickup from preschool...

"Mommy, is that DAM box still in the car? Is it smelly? I told Teacher Tonya about the DAM box, and she said that DAM was a bad word and not to say it. So why did you say DAM box Mommy?"

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment