- "Mommy, I think we need to get you a bigger couch."
- "Mommy, I love your fat belly. I love your fat face, too!"
- "Mommy, how come you no ride your pink bike anymore? You ride it when your belly is little again?"
- "Mommy, run with me!"***"Mommy can't run right now Escher, I'm sorry"***"Mommy carry me!"*** "Mommy can't carry you."*** "Well Mommy, what CAN you do?"*** "I can waddle like a penguin!"***"Ok Mommy we waddle! Let's go!"
Friday, June 29, 2012
This is you in my belly, last weekend at 37 weeks. Your ample size provides nice shade for your big brother! You love the beach... You are always moving when I take you swimming or even just when I'm sitting listening to the waves, which I hope you can hear too. I can't wait for you to be here and grow up in this awesome environment. I know your big brother Escher can't wait to teach you how to swim and boogie board, show you crabs and fish and cheer on Dad while he surfs. And me too, because I won't be able to be a part of a family of surfers and not try it myself. :-)
We really can't wait to meet you, Riley. Please come ASAP. And I'm not just saying that because I'm hot and swollen and uncomfortable. I promise.
We love you! See you soon!
Thursday, June 7, 2012
- He says "I am a BIG man. NOT a LITTLE man."
- We passed the chicken in front of Pollards Chicken the other day and he says "Look Mom, you see that chicken right there? He has a BIG BUTT!"
- Apparently Mom has a "BIG BUTT" too!
- We were on the beach over the weekend and Escher saw a group of people with red solo cups. He says "Look they having a party! Red solo cup, let's have a party!"
- He told us the other day "When I am big, I want to be a zookeeper. I want to feed the giraffes and the lions and the zebras!"
- Matt's cousin RJ was over the other night. He had a cowboy hat on, and Escher says "Hey RJ, where your horse?"
- His newest thing has been "I don't like Dad. I like Mom." When I remind him that Dad is the one that buys him stuff and gives him treats he says "Well, I guess I like Dad. But I like Mom better"