Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
What are your favorite things about fall?
Friday, August 20, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Escher: "Dada? Dada?"
Me: "Escher, Daddy's in the shower."
Escher (his eyes got really big and he whipped his head around to the bathroom where he heard the water running) "DUCK DUCK DUCK?!?!"
Me: "You think Daddy is taking a shower in your duck tub?"
Escher: "Yes. Fish!"
Me: "So Daddy is in the shower, in your duck tub, with your fish?"
Escher: "Yesh! Ha-haaaaa!"
For those of you that haven't heard it, Escher has a really sarcastic "haha" laugh that he does when he thinks that we think something is funny, and he joins in to laugh too. I'll try to get it on video sometime. Anyways, I just had to share our little tub story. Stories like these are the reason why I wanted to start a blog... so I could look back and remember all the funny things that happened. Almost TGIF friends.... almost!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Meanwhile, let's decide what popsicle color looks best on Escher:
Not sure which I like best, but I do know one thing: That boy can eat some popsicles!
Friday, July 23, 2010
As for words, he says: mama, dada, puppies ("pup pup"), woof woof, ball ("bah"), duck, quack, and fish ("eeeesh").
He got some shots today, he cried for a little, then calmed down when he got a sticker! Actually, two stickers, one for each hand = )
Here are some pics and videos from the last week or so!
Hope everyone is having a great summer! Stay cool!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Here are the pictures from the beach: http://picasaweb.google.com/trishamundell/EscherSBirthday##
And, because I have been lazy on posting, I uploaded another album with some newer pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/trishamundell/Summer##
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
- shaking and nodding his head! not really in context... although sometimes its fun to pretend that he knows what he is doing. And he can't nod just his head... his whole body moves back and forth!
- His new syllable of the week is "GA" If you ask him something he will either shake his head, or say "ga!"
- He has been pulling up and cruising on the couch for awhile, but now he is getting much more ambitious and letting go for a second or two. He is also pulling up on the walls/front door, the table, baskets, and the fireplace doors (which are baby proofed, thankyouverymuch!)
- He tries to grab your nose if you say "nose". He also likes to play with your ears!
- He makes a "vrrrooooom vvvvrrooom" noise when playing with his trucks! This was absolutely phenomenal to watch, because matt and i make noise when we play trucks with him, and he has started to imitate us and have imaginative play! Oh, the possibilities of play! Love it!
- He is trying to say some words. I'm pretty sure he has said "ball" a few times, and he tries to say "puppies" and he will look to the back door for the puppies if you say "puppies". He knows to look for me and Matt when we say "mama" or "dada", although he only says "dada". Escher needs to get the memo that my birthday is next week and all I want is for him to say "mama" : -)
Thats all I can think of for now. I'm sure there is other stuff. Everyday is just so much fun with him, I love playing and laughing with him!
We are off to Lake Gaston for our first lake trip of the year on Thursday! I hope the water is warm enough for duders to go swimming! I'm sure we will have lots of great pictures to post when we come back. Until then, check the newest ones out here- http://picasaweb.google.com/trishamundell/51010##
Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Today Escher had watermelon for the first time! Needless to say, we think he liked it :-). I was very excited about giving him watermelon because, well for one, its one of my favorite fruits. And two, its just so fun to eat! He had juice dripping down his chin :-)
Hooray for summer fruit season!
Monday, April 19, 2010
- "AH DAH!" He is excited and playing with his toys. Maybe he discovered something new!
- "AH dah." He often replies to something you say like this, like he understands and accepts what you are saying.
- "ah daaaaaah." Could be tired or frustrated...
Anyways, the funny thing about this phrase is that it has started to be a favorite saying of Matt and I too! At the end of a long day when we are crashed on the couch, "ah daaah" is very appropriate. Or, if we are stoked about going outside or eating a yummy dinner, "AH DAH!" has been known to escape from our lips : )
We love to listen to Escher babble. It seems like more sounds and syllables come from him everyday. I can't wait to hear what he has to tell me when he wakes up from his nap!
Monday, April 12, 2010
We look forward to making lots of fun memories on the beach. If you are ever out our way, please let us know! Our plan is to put our cars on the street every morning, so our driveway is up for grabs for beach parking. First come, first serve! See you soon!
Friday, April 9, 2010
Press the play button! Its a great video of Escher laughing!