The other day the weather was gorgeous so we got to explore the beach for awhile! Escher squatted for as long as he could but finally gave in and plopped down into the cold wet sand. He didn't seem to mind a bit. In fact he was pretty furious with us for making him leave :)
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Yesterday afternoon while I was bikeriding in the beautiful sunshine I contemplated asking the weather to be my valentine. Thankfully I didn't because weather is a fickle friend. Yesterday? Almost 70. Today? 40s. Its just cruel. :(
We did however take full advantage of the gorgeous weather ny cramming a walk to the beach, bikerides, and swinging into the day. Look how big that boy is in his swing!
I hope everyone had a great valentines day!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Things I want to remember:
- I love the way Escher says “uh oh” it comes out like “uh oooooooooh”
- he has been carrying around his little stuffed fish everywhere he goes. and I mean everywhere.
- yesterday he said “mama? get bankee? and flop? pees?” and took my hand and led me to his room where floppy and his blanket lay trapped in his crib.
- today he said “cow says moooo” when we were at chic-fil-a.
- he weighed 27lbs, and is 35 inches tall. his head is still off the charts. the doctor said he created his own percentile curve for the growth chart : )
- he has a love affair with lollipops. and cookies. our neighbors came over and said “here we brought you some valentines cookies!” they had barely set foot in the house before escher ran over to them squealing “cookeeeee? cookeeee?”
- he is a water baby. through and through. he has no fears about getting wet, he just dives right in. we have been taking him to the rec center every week and he is right at home. this week we started his “tiny bobbers” swim class at the rec center. it was so much fun! we definitely have the most wild child in the group (is anyone surprised?) but I have to say that even though he was the kid that climbed out of the pool three times in a quest to get a basketball to play with, I was very proud of him.
That’s all I can remember. I’m beat. Enjoy your night everyone!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Escher's favorite was definitly sliding down the slides (there were 2 other bouncehouses that I didn't get pictures of). He would shout "wee! woah!" all the way down, and then do his happy dance and clap for himself. Unfortunately I didn't catch any of that on tape... my camera battery died 5 minutes in (doh!). These are the few good images that I managed to catch. The playtime ended with coloring, goldfish and juice. It was a great time!
This event is coming to the Great Nec Rec Center again in a few weeks! We will definitely be going again! Any takers?
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Last night we had dinner with Nani and Pops at our favorite Mexican Restaurant, Guadalahara! Escher found a new favorite combination… he dipped a lemon slice in salsa and licked it off! again and again! It looked disgusting and smelled disgusting, but for some reason it appealed to his little dude tastebuds : )
he also had his first “fried” ice cream, complete with TWO cherries on top, that were gone before we realized it. What a great night!
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Last night when Escher was getting ready for his bath, he escaped me and ran off butt nekkid! He ran into the den, saw Matt and farted! I know its kinda gross to post but it was the funniest thing, he was so proud of himself he did his happy dance : )
That boy is hilarious!