- Escher refers to himself as "dude". Its actually very cute! (Although part of me wonders, is it ok if he goes off to kindergarten in a few years calling himself dude? Hmm..)
- If you ask him if he wants to go to the beach (park, aquarium, store, etc) he says "With Dad? and Mom? and Dude?"
- He has a rampant obsession with tails! "giwaffe tail? yes! ah-ah (monkey) tail? yes! Rhino tail? yes! Mom tail? yes! HAHAHAHA! Dude tail? nooooo!"
- He loves learning people's names, and discussing who is who, and when we will see them next, and he asks about everyone in his life on a day to day basis.
- After Matt stubbed his toe the other night, Escher bent down and gave it a kiss! Say it with me now, "awwwww!"
- I love how Escher can barely contain his excitement over the smallest things. "cheese pa? YAY!!!! Park? YAY!!!!! Beach? YAY!!!! Chocwate? SUPER YAY!!!!"
- Escher has a slightly sarcastic answer to some questions, he will say "Uh HUH!" if you ask if he knows about ___________
- I'm sure there is more but the Dude just woke up from nap. "Mom! MOOOOOoooooom!"
Friday, July 29, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
The only way to beat the late afternoon heat is to head down to the beach and take a long, refreshing dip…
Tough life, I know…
I love his little feet!
The sand formations in combination with the tide creates these cool tide pools along the shoreline at the beach. I just love how the waves sculpt the sand.
Escher loves how he has free reign in the puddles… No life jacket required!
On this particular day, the beach was inundated with seagulls. There must have been a fish feeding frenzy just off shore, these gulls sure were busy!
Peek a Boo!
Such a big man these days!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Is that bad? He does love it so much...
Escher loves to give fist bumps. Not sure where he picked it up, but every night at dinner he insists that we form a family fist bump triangle of unity.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
This picture, without a doubt, is my most favorite picture of Escher.
And this picture, while being my most not favorite picture of me (please pardon the frizzy hair!), it is our first picture together as a 3 person family.