Monday, March 7, 2011

Whoa! Uh oh!

So it finally happened. Escher woke up early this morning at 545am. After doing my usual (stumbling out of bed, giving him a new pacifier, turning on his fishy-ceiling thing, and dumping a basket of books into his bed) i woke up again at 715 to hear the basket of books crash out of the crib. He's crying. I'm thinking "good Lord what is going on". A scent in the hallway betrayed my fate... I just didn't know how bad it was. Upon opening the door I find my little dude. Naked. Jammies on the floor. Poop filled diaper dangling between his legs. Its everywhere. Floppy. Blanket. Rex. They have all been a part of the poopie masacre. Slats of the crib, the sheets. Escher's belly.

and he's giggling. saying "whoa! uh oh!"

What can you do? I plopped my contacts in my eyes (because we want to be able to see all the poop) and got to work. Thankfully everything was cleaned up in time for breakfast, and his room was aired out before nap.

As I was telling a neighbor the story, she says "Oh I love stories like these!" Its so easy to get caught up in the yuckiness of the daily things that living with a toddler entails. Like poop. However, I'm sure I will cherish this story for ever. I will also cherish telling his prom date. :)

1 comment: