Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh Savanna

I've been putting off posting because I feel like I need to have a memorial post to our old girl, Savanna. She passed away last Sunday, the first day of spring. We found her laying in her favorite spot in the sunshine, going peacefully in her sleep. We couldn't have asked for a better way for her to go, neither Matt nor I wanted it to get to the point of having to put her down. We are pretty sure that the cancer had spread to her insides and that it was took her. She spent her last few days playing on the beach and in the sunshine. Escher still asks for her. "and Vaa?" I tell him she isn't with us anymore. He said "At work?" once, and now he just shrugs his little shoulders and says "i duno" We continue to miss her terribly, but we all know that she is in a better place, free of pain. We love you Savanna. RIP December 26 2000-March 20 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment