Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cereal

Yesterday we had another first! Escher tried some rice cereal for the first time. He wasn't too sure about it, which is normal, but he did get more IN him than he did ON him, so that was a plus :)




This morning was a little better. I know it will take a few more weeks to really get used to it. I probably won't start with vegetables and fruits until he is closer to 6 months, since they say that can help with allergies. Since I have so many random allergies to fruits, I want to make sure that he is ok trying new foods. Its so exciting though! Everyday I feel like he grows so much. He really is just fascinating to watch. Its funny, when he was going through his Wonder Weeks leap and he was super fussy, I just didn't know what to do with him. But since he has gotten through it, I just LOVE playing with him! He is constantly surprising me by doing new things, and he is so responsive! When I put him in his new exersaucer, he just lights up, and I really see the big boy in him. His voice is changing, and he is always making new and fun noises. He started blowing raspberries this week, which is HILARIOUS! I love it!


Today we met Daddy for lunch at Arbys. Sometimes the days are so long when he is gone, so its great to break up the day and meet for lunch. Escher was all smiles when he saw his Daddy, too. After that, we came home and I put Escher in his jammies. I figured we weren't going back out again, and who doesn't want to wear soft fleece footie pajamas all day? Here are some pictures of him playing today...

He looks a little worried here because the flash caught him off guard. Also, Savanna had just given him a big kiss, which I missed because the flash was taking forever. Sigh...

He still loves playing on his whale mat though, which is good. I was in the kitchen washing his bottles, and he was just rolling around, making cute noises and watching the puppies outside the back door. He is getting better at rolling, although he doesn't make it all the way around quite yet. He still gets stuck on his arm! He will flip from his back to his belly, then push right back over. He has also gotten very adept at grabbing at his toys. If you put a stuffed animal next to him, he will roll over, grab it, put it in his belly, then try to eat it. Ahh, the joys of a teething baby. Everything in their mouths! Well, I could go on and on about all the cool new stuff that Escher is doing, but I need to go wake him up from his catnap so he will go to bed on time tonight. Hope everyone had a great day!












1 comment:

  1. Don't laugh too much, soon he'll be blowing rasberries with his mouth is full of cereal!

    Love, Nani

    ReplyDelete