Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Broken

Yup. That's Riley's arm right there.


Pretty awful looking, huh? She fell off the bed and broke her radius and ulna bones. Thankfully it was clean and the dr did not have to set it back together. They splinted it to allow it to swell and we go back to the CHKD Ortho's on Thursday so she can get a cast. For 6 weeks. 


Riley was amazing. She was so tough. Everyone agreed. I think I probably cried more tears then she did.

No one tells you how hard it is to watch your child suffer.

 I feel like I felt her pain. Thankfully they let me hold her the whole time, even during xrays. I would have lost my mind if I had had to leave her. 

She's on some pain meds for now that make her a little loopy and drowsy. She was mesmerized by the rain on the skylights and the fan going around and around this morning, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment