Monday, August 19, 2013

All The Animals

A few days ago a big box of diapers and wipes came from target. After staring at it for awhile I finally unpacked it and asked Escher if he wanted it to play with.

He does, and before I know it he has dumped in all the painstakingly organized animals that we have. We have animal soup. All the animals in our house, except for his playmobil toy zoo animals (which don't leave his zoo table) and the messy outdoor beach animals. Original animals and zoo talkers and a to z animals and baby animals and squishy animals... all mingling together in a big. Hot. Mess.  That's a lot of animals, people!

After I took the picture of all the empty tubs, I had to walk away for a few minutes. Every single thread of my being wanted thosr animals to be separated back into their containers, for them to be in their rightful place. To be perfectly organized.

Umm, hello there type A personality. Why don't you just have a glass of wine and relax a bit?

I am trying to learn that perfection is unattainable.  It doesn't exist. Things will be messy, people will be late, your feelings will be hurt and you will hurt others. This is life and it is far from perfect. Its time to enjoy the messiness that life is. Ups and downs,  snuggles and screams.  Striving to be perfect has the power to hurt everyone, but mostly myself.

So I've willingly let the animals be mixed up for ONE WHOLE DAY and counting. Escher is beyond thrilled. All his animals together! The anxiety I felt at first has somewhat subsided and hopefully I can take this as a sign that I can and should ease up on other things in my life, especially myself. No one likes a cranky mama that is too hard on herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment