Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beans

I read somewhere awhile ago that a good, cheap sensory activity for kids is a tray or bucket of beans. I tried it one afternoon when I was desperate for even 30 seconds of relative quiet. It was a hit! He played for almost an hour. So we encorporate bean play weekly.

 


He's so talented he can even drink juice and scoop beans at the same time!
 


Escher likes to fill up cups and measuring spoons with the beans, so he can pour them out again. He also likes to bury his little animals in there so he can find them.

I have 2 rules. First, we don't eat the beans. Before we play I make Escher say that we don't eat the beans. "We no eat beans, mommee. Giraffes eat beans." (not sure where he got that, but ok!)

The second rule is that the beans stay in the tray. No decorating the room with beans.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment: