Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Goodbye, House

Since finding out about new baby, we have been on a search for a new house, knowing that our current 700 sq foot box of a house would no longer fit the bill for the needs of our family. We have been so lucky to find a house, literally right around the corner, 3 doors down from this house. We are so thankful to stay close to our street of friends, and of course, the beach. We love being in the most northern part of Virginia Beach, and our breath still catches every time we walk up our beach access. We didn't want to have to leave! We hope to move March 1. I snapped these pictures the other day before we had a showing for prospective renters. I wanted to remember this house at the best that it has ever looked.



Painting over the wood paneling was probably the hardest paint job any of us had attempted, but boy, was it worth it. I cleaned and refinished the fireplace, which made a huge difference. 






Staining these cabinets was my project. So worth it, I think the stain totally revitalized them.




It looks so different than when we moved in!




Escher's room. He loves to play in his room now. He'll call "Mommee! Daddee! Come in Dude room! And PLAY!" In our new house, the crib will be packed away for new baby to use, and Escher will get a new big boy bed! 




Our one lonely bathroom, which I painted.




And our tiny bedroom, which we painted last out of the whole house. Nope, no room for a crib in there!

Our new house has 3 floors and probably 3 times as much space as this house. It has a fenced in backyard for Truman, and space for all of Escher's outside toys. We also have a few balconies, which is great too. I'm so thankful to be moving before baby comes, before I get so huge that I couldn't fit in this tiny house, and before my nesting kicks in so that I can nest in our new house. By the time we are settled, spring will be here and we can enjoy the warm afternoons outside. Yay!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment