Monday, April 11, 2011

Ooooooh well

I haven't been posting again. Oooooh well. Lots to catch up on. Thankfully I will have the time because I am down for the count with a sprained ankle. Better now than summer right? At least I'm trying to spin it in a positive way...

I'm sitting at target waiting for meds. Looking around I am amazed at all the crap target has. Now, don't get me wrong. I love target. Loooooooove target. Matt is convinced that we might as well just give them 1/3 of our paycheck (I don't spend that much haha!). But as I look around I am starting to see the ridiculous-ness of it all. Why are there 4 million different types of air freshener? Do we really need 3 aisles of hairstuff? Or cleaning stuff?

Apparently we do. But not me. Every day I am changing. I am learning to shed the things I don't need in life. My promise to myself this year is that I'm going to be better to me, and the Earth. I want to consume less, spend less... all around me I am noticing a minimalist movement (except here at target). Count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment