Friday, December 2, 2011

Escherisms

Things Escher has been saying...


  • "Its good to see you Daddy" when Matt comes home from work.
  • "REAAWWWY? (really?)" When we get stopped at a stoplight, or someone slams on their brakes in front of us. (This one is my fault, haha!)
  • "Whaaaaaaatt?"
  • "See our CHEEESMAS WIGHTS!!!" (Christmas Lights)
  • "good job dude, good job!" (he congratulates himself on a job well done)
  • "Mom new baby belly. Dude new baby belly! Hahahaha"
  • "Dude hungry mom... Dude hungry"
We've been going to the library a lot, which makes me happy. I was afraid when I first took Escher that he was going to be a tornado of messiness, tearing books off the shelves left and right before I could even know what hit me. But, he loooooves the library. We always find new animal books to bring home and read. And Curious George DVDs to check out too! His favorite book right now is "Splash" by Flora McDonnel. It has elephants, a rhinocerous, a tiger, and a crane. Some of his favorites! I caught him reading the book to himself this morning, it was incredible! "elephant hot hot hot. tiger hot hot hot. rhino-sus hot hot hot. follow baby to water! SPLASH!" I wish I had it on video...We checked it out again, in hopes I can sneakily tape him reading it again. I know he isn't "reading" the letters but he remembers from us reading it to him what happens in the book. I think Santa might have to bring him his own copy of this book :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment