Monday, March 29, 2010

Exhausted.

Wow. This has probably been one of the longest, worst weeks that I can remember right now. All three of us have been sick. Our house is like one big gaint GERM. It might take a nuclear weapon to clear all the yuckies out of this place. I'm so tired of puke. and poop. and snot, mucous, boogers, tissues, gatorade, sprite, saltines, coughing, sneezing, crying, and the smell of menthol. It all started with my new "job". A good friend of ours owns a few restaurants down at the oceanfront, and he told me if I ever wanted to get out of the house to let him know and he would hire me as a waitress (his wife used to stay at home with their child so he knows that its important for the mama to get out of the house every once in awhile :-) Anyways, it was Shamrock Marathon and he needed me all day Saturday and Sunday. So I trained for a few hours Thursday and Friday. Escher came down with a cold on Friday, and was up all night, poor little guy. I was gone most of the day Saturday, and Sunday. Matt was such a trooper, he took great care of Escher all weekend. Sunday night I was exhausted and started having stomach problems. I was down for the count all day monday and most of the day Tuesday. Escher went to the dr with a really bad cold and the beginning of an ear infection. Matt got sick Wednesday and has been coughing a lot. Then Thursday I got sick again and ended up at the dr on Friday! Needless to say, we all spent the weekend recouperating. Escher is feeling much better, no more snotty nose. He still has a bit of a cough, as does Matt. But we are hoping that the worst is over and we stay healthy for awhile. As for my job, its going to be a one night a week thing at Johnny Mananas, on 23rd Street, Boardwalk Side. If you are ever down there, pop in for a margarita or some fish tacos!

As for good news, Escher has started crawling!! Right now it is like a GI-Joe Army crawl, but he is starting to lift that belly up off the floor. Its so funny, his toys don't really entertain him anymore. He wants to play with the front door, check out my books, discover the kitchen and hallway, and generally just motor around the house. I feel like we are running out of space for him to explore. It gets a little hairy on days like today when we can't put the dogs outside and we are cramped in here with nothing to do. However, the small house is nice because Escher is now experiencing a little separation anxiety, and he cries if you leave the room. With our layout he can still see/hear me from pretty much anywhere in the house! Yesterday it was cute, I went into our bedroom and he came to find me, and shrieked with delight when he saw me. It made me feel pretty cool :-)

Alright, I need to go finish up some hw before duders wakes up from his nap. Here are some pictures from the bay a few weeks ago :-)



I love my little Indiana :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment