Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wow!

One of the reasons why we started this blog is so that we could remember all the fun new things that Escher discovers. Well, I was thinking about it last night, and he has a lot of "firsts" this week! Here are a few:




Escher rode without his carseat in his Jeep stroller! He absolutely LOVED it! When we were walking, all I could hear were sqeals of joy as he looked up at the leaves and the sky. We even got a few chuckles as we walked by others on the same trail. I'm sure they could hear him from a mile away!




The high chair was pulled out this week, which is another first. We have put him in it several times now, and I really think he likes it! He loves being in the kitchen anyways, but now he can REALLY see whats going on!





Also, he has been managing to put anything he can get ahold of in his mouth! I know that this is a big developmental milestone (we are hoping his hand-eye coordination takes after his daddy. wait, who am I kidding... we are hoping that pretty much all of his skills needed for physical activity take after his daddy! :-D ). Its also a big reminder that I need to start sterilizing all of his little mouthy toys. Yay...







Another first is that he has started sleeping in his crib until its time to get up in the morning! Before, he would wake up around 5 and just fuss, so in order for me to get some sleep, I would stick him in the swing in his room. Well, we have been doing this for months now, and I was just getting over it. So one morning this week, when he started fussing at 5 or so, I just refused to put him in the swing. I sat with him until he was sleepy again, and put him back in his crib. About an hour later, I had to do the same thing. But it worked! The next night he slept until 5, he ate, then he slept until 730! In his crib! He has done it since. Ahhh... good sleep. I love it!




These are just some of the things that have been going on this week. I love that these firsts are going to come faster and faster. I'm sure at some point I will blink and he will be crawling! (and talking... and walking... and running... ) It really is just amazing to watch him. I'm sure every parent feels like this, but we both really think Escher is one smart cookie :)


This last picture is one that I took at Sunday Park. I'm proud of the way it turned out, so I wanted to share it. I hope everyone has a great weekend!














No comments:

Post a Comment