Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snowy Beach

Virginia Beach got snow! And lots of it, too! I honestly can't remember the last time the Hampton Roads area had this much of the white stuff. Neither Matt or I expected to have snow at this house, we were actually glad to leave all the snow behind in Richmond (I like the first snow of the year, then I'm ready for warm weather!) However, I figured this was a once in a blue moon kinda thing, so Truman and I braved the storm and walked down to the ocean. It was incredible. Insane, but awesome. We could only go so far down the walkway to the ocean because the wind was so strong, and it was blowing the snow into our faces so hard it felt like needles. I am really glad we went down there though. It has been so cold lately that the snow stuck to the sand, and the dunes just looked amazing. I honestly think Truman would have stayed out in the snow most of the day, he absolutely loved it! Since Escher has had a cold, we didn't bundle him up and take him out in it. He checked it out from the window :-)

89th Street Access


Crazy! I could barely see what I was taking a picture of, I just held the camera up and snapped!



89th Street Beach Access.


My brave, snowy puppy.

It was so crazy to see snow on the dunes!


No comments:

Post a Comment